Thursday, May 15, 2008

The decision

When Jason told me he wanted to do the lapband or the gastric bypass, it scared me. I've heard of horror stories and I am afraid of the complications that might occur during or after surgery. It is also a life-changing situation. And I'm not too fond of big changes myself.
I remember my response to that was "It's ok to just stay fat" or "why don't we try something else instead of surgery" or "Call Jenny!" or something, anything but surgery!!
But the husband had made up his mind.

I had questions. Lots of it. So I started reading up on anything and everything I could find on google.

And we made an appointment for a "free" consultation to one of the bariatric centers here. Ofcourse it wasn't free but more on that later.

So, the journey begins...

No comments: