Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Liquid Diet - Day Two

Day Two was similar to yesterday. Except, he added an egg into his chicken broth for dinner. Egg was not listed as an "OK" to have on the liquid diet.
Ofcourse he says he hasn't broken any rules and doesn't see why an egg is not allowed since eggs are basically protein and he is allowed protein.

But here's what I found :

One chicken egg contains :

Carbohydrates 1.12 g
Fat 10.6 g
Protein 12.6 g
Water 75 g
Vitamin A equiv. 140 μg 16%
Thiamin (Vit. B1) 0.66 mg 51%
Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 0.5 mg 33%
Pantothenic acid (B5) 1.4 mg 28%
Folate (Vit. B9) 44 μg 11%
Calcium 50 mg 5%
Iron 1.2 mg 10%
Magnesium 10 mg 3%
Phosphorus 172 mg 25%
Potassium 126 mg 3%
Zinc 1.0 mg 10%
Choline 225 mg
Cholesterol 424 mg


I think the fat content in an egg disqualifies it from being OK to have on the liquid diet.

I wish he would just follow the rules.

I've cleaned out the pantry and the fridge. Made sacrifices with my own personal diet. And I am making sure I won't cook anything that might make it hard for him to resist.
But I have not gone as far as keeping the fridge free of eggs. I hope I won't have to. That is a HUGE sacrifice to make. I love eggs too much.

No comments: